15 January 2011

losing an appendage

wednesday evening i lost one of my most prized possessions - my mobile phone.  (the story of how it was lost is long and irresponsible, so i will skip over that part...)  luckily it was found in the men's room at the hotel where i was staying.  it was found by another flight attendant who relayed the findings to a friend of mine and to g.  unfortunately he didn't share his findings until it was too late and i had already report to the airport for work the following day.  i'm still unsure why he didn't turn it into the front desk, but i was grateful that it was found and that he would return it to our base in chicago for me to retrieve at the end of my trip....48 hours later. 

for two entire days i was without my phone.  it was seriously one of the hardest things i was forced to endure.  it's sad to think about how reliant i am on my phone for communication and/or self-entertainment.  i was extremely fortunate that i was flying with my bff and had access to his phone.  and luckily i had my ipad with me so i was also able to email.  i was even forced to use a land line in my hotel room!!  how 1999 is that?!

so finally last night, at the end of my trip, i was reunited with my phone.  i couldn't get to my car quick enough to plug in the battery to bring my dearest appendage back to life.  so for all who missed me, i'm back! 

photo found here

1 comment:

andrea said...

glad you got it back!

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity