03 December 2009

karma's a snowy bitch



first thing this morning i posted the following on my twitter page, "so it's already snowed in dallas and forecasted to snow in charlotte...we haven't even had our first snow in chicago! bless el niƱo!"

my travels today took me from tampa to houston to dallas to st. louis and finally to chicago. houston was unseasonably COLD. dallas, too, was chilly. i asked the provisioner what was going on with their weather. he told me about their snow the previous day (of course i already knew, it was all over the news). then i make the comment that "we haven't even had our first snow in chicago!"

then karma reared her ugly head when we landed in chicago. as soon as i opened the back door, the cold blast of air hit me with tiny specks of moisture - flurries. yup, snow has arrived in chicago.

the only good thing is that the ground is too warm for it to start sticking and more snow is not in the forecast until the beginning of next week. by that time i will be comfortable in my short-sleeves in san antonio!

take that, karma!

No comments:

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity