01 September 2010

4 years...


today, my former colleagues are returning to work to begin another school year. today marks the 4th year that i will not be joining them. it's hard to believe that it's already been four years, considering i only taught a total of five years.

when i thought about the start of another school year, i smiled a little and breathed a huge sigh of relief. i mean absolutely NO disrespect for those who are still in the education field. quite the opposite, i have nothing but admiration and hope for them all. but for me, i'm grateful.

i'm grateful for my job. even when i get irritated, frustrated, or annoyed, i remind myself how amazing my job truly is.


TEN AMAZING THINGS ABOUT MY JOB:
1. i take NOTHING home with me at the end of the day.
2. i work with new (different) people on a regular basis.
3. i meet hundreds of new people every day.
4. i am my own boss (in essence).
5. i can turn two weeks of given vacation into MANY weeks of vacation.
6. i can pee/eat/sit/stand whenever i want to.
7. i can work as many days a week as i wish.
8. i choose what days i want to work.
9. i have very little (if any) stress in my job.
10. i work for a great, caring company that takes care of its employees.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

woah! So what do you do???

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity