02 September 2011

gadgets galore!

i love kitchen gadgets.  i really can't help myself.  recently i got this fantastic strawberry huller (you can use it for tomatoes too).



so when g and i talked about going to my favorite childhood orchard, i immediately began thinking about all the tasty apple recipes i could make!  of course i'll make teresa's tasty apple crisp, but i also want to make my grandma's yummy apple dumplings and homemade applesauce.  when i was young, i would help my grandma make apple recipes.  my favorite part was peeling and coring all the apples.  why, you ask?  because of this amazing gadget.

so to make my apple dishes of course i need this apple peeler/corer too!  as i was comparing the different peelers, i also came across this pineapple slicer.


g and i love fresh pineapple but it's always to messy cutting it up!  and we always seem to waste so much.  so this pineapple slicer (i highly encourage you watch the video, too) solves both of those problems!!


what is your favorite kitchen gadget?


2 comments:

g said...

we can make lots of good things this fall/winter!

andrea said...

no question - my favorite kitchen gadget is my wine key. are you surprised?

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity